Contact Me

Of course you can contact me at the following places:

Facebook (most likely to get me here), Twitter, My other blog: Welcome to the Maze that is My Mind, Or good ole fashion E-mail


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hannibal (The Series)

I am both anticipating and dreading the new series "Hannibal" that is set to start on April 4th.  While I am a huge Hannibal Lecter fan and have read all the books and watched all the movies (including "Manhunter where Dr. Lecter was portrayed by Brian Cox instead of Anthony Hopkins) I am also a fanatic ABOUT the series.

Because of this I already have issues with this show.

First, Jack Crawford is being played by fucking Morophious?!?  Who thought it was a good idea to turn a tall skinny white character into Lawrence Fishburn?  Don't get me wrong, I don't care that Fishburn is black for any other reason than the character of Jack Crawford never was.  It doesn't help that I just plain ole' don''t like Lawrence Fishburn as an actor.  Really, the only thing I ever liked him in was Boyz in the Hood.  That is it.  Nothing else.  So I have reservations about him taking on such an established character.  If he was a better actor I might be able to look past it because of his ability, but I  really doubt that will happen here.  I can only hope that he wont have much screen time, but we all know if they are going to pay a big-name to be in their show they are going to us him.  Well...shit.

Second, (Similar to the first reason) they changed Freddie Lounds from a man to a woman.  WTF?  Ok, well, this one I will have to see how it goes since I've never heard of the actress playing this character. Hopefully she will make me wish Freddie had been a girl all along.  I really hope so after hearing about Lawrence Fishburn.  I just really hate when producers/directors/casting changes the characters or  world that has already been created by the writer.

This is also why I hate movie adaptations of books.

On the other hand, though, I am looking forward to some new stories in one of my favorite series's.  I am looking forward to exploring the Hannibal Lecter/Will Graham relationship from when they were working together.  Not to mention getting some insight on the "Cannibal" crimes as well as Will Graham and his immersion into the minds of serial killers.

Either way, I will give it a shot next week when it premiers and make my judgement then.  (I'm still not sold on the new "Bates Motel", but I will write something later.  Possibly after a few more episodes.

2 comments:

  1. A low aωareness of thе lіnks businesѕ уou are
    aԁvertising. Those busіness are the objеctiveѕ that yоu would like to make mоney 24/7.

    Нoweѵer, powеr also comes wіth responsibilitу.

    I wasn't sure what reaction to expect but the customers concern is much more likely to be ones that are made on a bookkeeping spreadsheet.

    my site internet marketing online affiliate program

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. understandable, you are not. Trying to tell me something you are.

      How about this, this site is not a place for you to spam your business or whatever it is you are telling me I need. Please don't assume to tell me what I am trying to do on my own blog. It's not about making money for me.

      This is only the first of 2 comments you have left for me. If I wanted your "help" I would have responded after you sent this comment. My ignoring you was not an invitation to post more comments telling me what to do.

      If you have comments that relate to the topic of the post, in this case the series Hanibal, feel free to comment. Otherwise, please keep your "comments" (spam) to yourself. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. The fact that you read this far is appreciated.